How to restore permanently deleted emails from Outlook, this has now become one of the most common questions nowadays. The reasons behind it are many, but one of most prominent reason is the increasing popularity of Microsoft Outlook. Most of the enterprises are rely on Outlook for their business continuity. At times, due to some reasons users want to recover missing or deleted emails in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 without Exchange. However, it is so easy for them to execute this process in case of hard deletion. Let us first understand what these terms i.e. soft deletion and hard deletion mean. After this, we will move to the effective method to recover deleted emails from Outlook.
What is Soft and Hard Deletion?
Soft Deletion: At the time, users delete the data such as contacts, emails, or other items from MS Outlook then, these mails go to “Deleted Items Folder.” This process is known as soft deletion. These emails are recoverable with the help of manual solution.
Hard Deletion: Now in this case, when the emails items are removed with the help of Shift+Delete key, they get permanent deleted from the system. Moreover, it does not move to “Deleted Items Folder.” This comes into the category of hard deletion.
Let us learn a manual procedure to recover deleted emails from Outlook all versions.
Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook Manually
For Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016
Follow these steps recover deleted emails from Outlook data file:
- First, go to email folder list in MS Outlook & indicate the Deleted Items folder
- Now, those items, which are recently removed will be showed up in right pane of this program
- After this, indicate the message, which you want to restore its own folder & then, right click on it
- Then, from the displayed list, hit on Move and then choose Other Folder.
- You will receive a list of folders in Move the selected items to the folder, chose a Inbox folder for the restoration of chosen emails and after this click on OK
For Outlook 2007 and Below Versions
Now, you need to follow these steps in this edition to recover deleted emails from Outlook 2007:
- First, you need to highlight the folder from, which the data gets erased and you need to recover it once again
- Now, click on Tools and then from the list of available option, you need to choose Recover Deleted Items.
- Then, a window will be displayed along with the list of all the items that are recently deleted from the chosen folder
- Choose the message, which needs to be recovered and hit on Recover Selected Items icon
- For choosing various email messages, press & hold Ctrl key during clicking on items that you are restoring.
Note: The above mentioned steps are recommended for active profiles only. If you have only Outlook data file and you want to perform recovery of deleted emails. Then move to below steps:
Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook using Software
By using above steps, it is possible to recover soft deleted emails from Outlook, but in case of hard deletion, these methods will not work. Therefore, in this case you need to take help of Outlook PST repair software as there is no manual way which can help you out in this situation. With the help of this software, it is possible to recover permanently deleted emails from MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and older versions very easily. Whether the emails are deleted temporarily or permanently, the tool allows to recover all lost emails. Moreover, the interface of this utility is very simple and even a novice can use it.
Steps to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook
Below listed steps are verified by Microsft experts and recomended for both home user and professional users. Let’s understad the steps to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook data file.
- Step-1: Download deleted email recovery software on your own computer system. After that click on Add File button.
- Step-2: Preview emails of added PST file into software panel. The tool will scan the added PST file and carve the deleted emails and maked it in red color. Click on Export button.
- Step-3: Select one Export Option and browse path to save output file and hit Export button.
- Step-4: After completing the recovery of deleted emails from Outlook, the tool will show you successful message.
The Bottom Line
Outlook has attained a great recognition in the online market among the professionals. It has now become a platform, which is easy to use and access. However, at times users search for any relevant method to recover deleted emails in Outlook 2007, 2010 without Exchange. Keeping this in mind, we have learned some methods to perform this task. It is recommended to use an alternate solution to restore missing emails from Outlook.