How to Migrate Outlook Express to Outlook? Queries Solved
Both Outlook and Outlook Express are developed by Microsoft, these are free desktop-based email clients. Outlook Express supports saving all the data in DBX file format whereas Outlook stores data in PST format. And Microsoft discontinued Outlook Express because they launched a more advanced application named MS Outlook. So, most of the users instantly transferred Outlook Express data to Outlook. But, many of users are still willing to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook.
So in this blog, we are going to mention multiple techniques to move Outlook Express to Outlook. Stay connected till the end.
Table of Contents
- Migrate Outlook Express to Outlook Professionally
- Manual Solution to transfer Outlook Express to Outlook
Step-By-Step Guide to Migrate Outlook Express to Outlook Professionally
DBX to PST Converter Software is the best approach to transfer Outlook Express to Outlook. You can simply follow this blog to move Outlook Express to Outlook. This tool is safe to use and does not require more effort. Users can transfer Outlook Express to Outlook in no time. Follow the procedure given below:-
- Install the “DBX to PST Converter” Software on your system
- Open the tool and search for the “Add File” button to insert the DBX files
- Click on the checkbox of “Folder Mode” to add any specified folder
- Here, go to the export type and select it as “PST” and hit the “Advanced Settings” option
- Now, you can split the PST files and filter out data by using the date range filter
- To save the advanced settings, click on the “Save” button
- At last, hit the “Export” button to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook
- When the procedure gets completed, the software will show “Export Process Completed Successfully”
Prominent Features of DBX to PST Converter Tool
- Supports moving DBX files to different file formats in bulk
- Tool always keeps the file structure intact
- Provides a feature to do a quick scan of DBX files and folders
- Supports to extract all attachments from Outlook Express
- Installation of MS Outlook is not mandatory
- Provides multiple naming conventions
- Supports to sort out data by date range
- The tool maintains the folder structure hierarchy
- Allows to split the large PST files
- The software supports working with MS Outlook and Windows 10
These are the key features of this automated tool. Let’s jump to the manual method to transfer Outlook Express to Outlook.
Manually Migrate Outlook Express to Outlook
Let’s begin with the manual process:-
Step 1:- Navigate Outlook Express Data and Convert it into DBX Format
As we all know that Outlook Express saves all the data in DBX format. So, go through the steps given below to extract mail from Outlook Express:-
- Firstly, Open the MS Outlook application.
- Click on Tools >> Options, After that choose Maintenance Tab >> Store Folder option.
- Now, do copy the path of the store folder and save it somewhere.
- Open file Explorer, and paste the copied path and click on the “Enter” option.
- Here, save all the DBX files as per your convenience.
- After saving these files, paste these files on the new computer.
Note:- You can jump to the next step if you already have the files in .dbx file extension.
Step 2:- Import Outlook Express Data to Windows Live Mail
- Download and Install the Windows Live Mail Application.
- Click on the “File” option and then select “Import Messages”.
- Now, open the folder where you have saved the Outlook Express DBX file.
- Choose the DBX file which you want to transfer.
- Hit the “Import” button.
- With Outlook Express address, you can follow the same process. But, Import WAB file.
- Click on the “Exit” button.
Step 3:- Migrate Emails from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook
Follow the steps in the correct order to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook:-
- Open the Windows Live Mail Application.
- Go to the “File” tab, click on the “Export” button, and then hit the “Message” tab option.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up, and choose the “Exchange” tab.
- Here, select all the folders which you want to migrate from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook.
At last, exit from the export window screen.
Step 4: Import PST Files to Outlook
These are the final steps to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook:-
- Open the MS Outlook application.
- Click on the “File” tab and use the “Import-Export” feature to open the Outlook files.
- Open the folder in which you have saved the PST files and hit the “OK” button.
- Finally, you have transferred Outlook Express files to Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Approach
- This manual method is extremely lengthy and time-consuming.
- The migrating procedure is not safe.
- Users should have the technical knowledge to perform this method.
- The user can lead to data loss if he performs any of the above steps wrongly.
In the above blog, we have discussed about different methods to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook. You can use any of the above techniques to move Outlook Express to Outlook. But, we suggest our users to opt for DBX to PST Converter Tool. Because it is the safest tool and non-technical users can easily use this tool. On the other hand, users can go for the manual method but it has few drawbacks which we have mentioned above.